Sam Edelman Petty Bootie and the DV by Dolce Vita Cassidy Bootie both in black suede.
I finally had an excuse to make an online order when a friend's birthday was coming up. I wanted something unique to add to his main gift. Since he works a desk job I thought an eye-catching pencil case would be ideal. Of course I couldn't pass up the opportunity to add something for me as well. I think I spent a good hour going through all their merchandise before settling on the exact same pencil case except in a different design/color. The Get It Together Pencil Pouch retails for $12 on their site (a steal!), though I had signed up for their newsletter and used a 10% off coupon.
The pouches are exactly how they're pictured on the website. The only difference would be that the pink one is more of a true bright pink rather than the sort of lilac/lavender color it gives off in the photo. I tried to color correct my photos so it looked as close to what it looks like in real life, but even mine turned out with a somewhat purple-hue. I normally wouldn't go for such a color, but it's only on one side. Plus I actually think it goes well with the whole design. I ordered the white/pink one with their signature "I AM VERY BUSY" print on the front. I almost wanted to keep the "Stay Focused" one for myself too. The fact that those words are inside glasses frames didn't help the matter. (Next purchase since you know this won't be the last time).
The pouch is rather roomy that you could even potentially use it as a small makeup bag if you don't have a need for a pencil pouch. The inside is lined with a fabric with tiny red hearts. The only issue that I noticed after using this for a few weeks was that sometimes the zipper would get caught in the lining. Actually upon arrival one of the pouches wouldn't even open all the way since the lining had gotten stuck. So you do have to be careful when closing the pouch since fabric inside can easily move around.
Overall I was very satisfied with the products and packaging. Some other products that I might get in the future are the Hot Stuff Thermal Mug, Back Me Up! Mobile Charger, and the Zip Zip Keychain Pouch.
My makeup essentials are pretty basic to start with, but the fact that I couldn't bring my two favorite eyeshadow palettes were a bummer. I decided (besides any liquids and creams) to fit everything into this medium sized patent cosmetic case from Tory Burch. (Detailed photos of the bag below).
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette: I actually got gifted this (twice!). Guess people know that I love my UD eyeshadows. Perfect size for traveling + a huge mirror = A+
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: Can't remember the last time I actually paid for one of these since I keep getting it with palettes. I ain't complaining. I love that they've brought back the doe foot applicator.
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer: I can't finish my makeup without finishing off with my go-to bronzer.
- Benefit Rockateur Blush: Got suckered into getting this the last time I was getting my eyebrows done. But it's the perfect blush/highlighter combo.
- Stila Kitten Eyeshadow: Okay, I couldn't just go with just a basic palette. I need my shimmery highlight colors.
- Wet n Wild Nutty Eyeshadow: So inexpensive, but works pretty great. Definitely worthy of all the hype.
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler: My trusty curler that I've had for over seven years. (I've finally retired it for another one which I'll share in my next favorites post).
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner: I always have a backup of these on hand since it's the only liquid eyeliner I use.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dark Brown Brow Wiz: Another can't-live-without-product. I'm constantly repurchasing these as well.
- Ecotools Eye Brushes: I've had these for so long and probably got them in a set at the drugstore. They haven't failed me so far. Plus they still look great and are super soft.
- e.l.f. Complexion Brush: I actually use this for bronzer since I like a bigger brush for less streakiness.
- Real Techniques Blush Brush: This brand makes good quality makeup brushes that you can buy at the drugstore. I've slowly been collecting a few that I've always wanted, like this blush brush.
I got this cosmetic case as a gift two years back so I'm not sure if the price is the same as the updated version that they sell now. It looks like this exact one isn't made anymore. But it's pretty much identical to this one. The only difference is that the newer one is slightly smaller and shaped more circular while the one I have is more rectangular.
© Seeing Stripes. All rights reserved.