5 summer go-to products


I know it's already August but I've been meaning to do this post for a while, and after going to Vegas it really made me appreciate some of my beauty products more (hello primer!). Not all of these are specific to the weather but are more geared to what I tend to use the most in this season.

• I don't use foundation, but when I do want to even out my skintone I go for tinted moisturizers. The two reasons why I adore them are because they're moisturizing (perfect for my skin) and provide light coverage. My friend actually introduced me to Stila's Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer and I haven't stopped using it since. It provides even lighter coverage than my usual tinted moisturizer, but it gives you this dewy look that illuminates your whole face.
• I've always been a bronzer girl and I've been using Estée Lauder's Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer as long as I've been using makeup. It is matte, though when you look at it in the case you can detect slight shimmers. This I feel allows the bronzer to look less heavy and unnatural on your face. I actually use this year-round!
• I'm not a big fan of their eyeshadows, but I do like Cover Girl Eye Enhancer Shadows in Country Woods for their neutral, shimmery shades. I like to use gold colors during the summer and the second shadow in the palette is the perfect one.
• My lips are addicted to Softlips Chapstick, no joke. But they're the only ones I've found to actually moisturize my lips. I like that they're SPF 20 since people tend to forget that your lips need to be protected too.
• When it's hot out and I know I'm going to be outside for a long period of time, I'll start off with a primer before putting on makeup. Make Up Forever's HD Microperfecting Primer works wonders with just a pump to cover my entire face. Another plus is that it goes on so smoothly which is something I always look for when I'm using something that goes on my skin (which tends to be dry).

5 comments:

  1. I don't usually like foundation either. During the summer I usually just skip it, but other times of the year I've found that I really like airbrush spray "foundations." MAC and Dior both make good ones. It's just so much lighter feeling than everything else I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to try Stila's tinted moisturizer FOREVER. I use Lancome right now (got it as a gift), but some day... I will try it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely have to agree with these products. I love bronzer! Just found your blog and you have a new follower!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

....

Back to Top