Doesn't feel like January

 
How crazy to think there's only one more week of January left. I knew it would go by really fast which is why it's a good thing I made my OAT test for later in February since it seemed far away at the time, but now it's almost right around the corner.

Last week's surgery day actually went quite well. Everyone was really nice and overall it was an easier day than the one the week before that. Even without any more formal training I seem to be catching onto a lot of things. I take all different types of phone calls with ease at the front, but even though there are fewer calls at the surgery center I can't help with 90% of them so that's a pain. The couple that I did get last week just wanted more information about LASIK so I was actually able to help with that. After I got off the phone with a girl who had a ton of questions I realized I knew more than I thought. Now if only they'll find time to train me so I can put that to use...(aka start scheduling LASIK consults, surgeries, pre-ops/post-ops, etc). I'm at a point where I've gotten the hang of everything they've taught me and I've find the most efficient way to do the tasks. While my coworker who's been training me was busy with a patient near the end of the day I actually remembered how to close down all the machines and rooms so we were able to leave pretty early! That does help when you have to be at work before 8am. Which reminds me, they only have afternoon surgeries tomorrow so I can actually sleep in! And on top of that the first patient of the day apparently cancelled so I don't have to be in until 12:30.

Here's to hoping that tomorrow will be just as nice as last week (and I won't be sleep deprived).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

....

Back to Top