My Forever Search for Flats



I'm sure almost all of you have heard of Tory Burch's famous flats with her very obvious gold logo. When I first saw these in magazines I didn't hate them like most people did, but I didn't exactly like them either. Honestly, I just kept thinking, what's the big deal? Of course that was a few years ago. I went downtown yesterday for some window shopping (which of course ended up in some real shopping, though to me, a purchase of a pair of aviators don't really count). I wandered into Nordstorms and had to look over all the amazing shoes I couldn't buy. I sat down in a chair to try on a pair of super high wedges, when I looked over at the seat next to me and there was the right foot shoe of the Tory Burch "Reva" ballerina flat. So for the hell of it, I tried it on.

And wow, I have never in my life experienced flats as comfortable as the one I had just slipped on. I suddenly realized what the craze was about. Just to clarify, I rarely ever wear flats. I honestly don't think I've worn a pair all year. Yes, I do happen to have three pairs stuffed into my closet somewhere, but thanks to my wide and uneven feet (my right is slightly bigger than my left) I can't wear them without wincing in pain mere minutes later. The only one I can stand for even an hour are an open toed pair. So that's why I was so shocked when I tried on the Tory Burch flats.

The one thing I'm iffy about (well, besides the $195 price tag) is the huge logo. It's very ostentatious, and I was hoping it would be less "bling" in real life. I also tried on the patent black ones since the logo is also in black, so it blends in, but was disappointed to find that it wasn't nearly as comfortable as the leather ones. But we'll see...maybe if I can somehow find a way to save that much without spending it, I'll give it another thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

....

Back to Top