A Real Weekend


With my work schedule I never actually get a typical weekend, but I actually worked extra days during the weekday so my supervisor was nice enough to let me get Saturday off. I can't remember the last time I actually got both Saturday and Sunday to relax. Although I guess starting this week I'll get "three day weekends" since I'll be getting Wednesday through Friday off (I still have evening classes Thursday so I don't know if that really counts). For some reason I'm always a little bit excited about starting a fresh set of classes. It's probably just the buying new stationery portion of it. 

Anyways my day off wasn't that exciting but it was exactly what I needed. We ended up grabbing some brunch at Bun Mee, this Vietnamese sandwich place. Pretty Americanized and definitely more expensive than regular bánh mì places, but it's delicious. Plus I love that they stuff their sandwiches with extra carrots and daikon. We also purchased a few macaroons at Sift Cupcakes. Their macaroons are really chewy which I like (we got the earl grey, espresso, and strawberry flavors). And in between we caught up on Modern Family episodes and started Arrested Development (new favorite!). 

Back to the grind tomorrow though...


 Accompanying sauce to the sweet potato fries

 Grilled pork sandwich

Grilled five spice chicken sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

....

Back to Top