February 2013 Favorites

I thought it would be a good idea to start doing these every month since I'm always buying new beauty products. I tried to be a bit better this month, but obviously that didn't happen (okay maybe two of these were from the end of January so that isn't as bad, right?).

I've decided to be better about wearing sunscreen if I'm going outside at all, especially now that it's getting warmer and sunnier. I asked for some recommendations and my friend tweeted me about the Ole Henriksen Protect The Truth SPF 50+ sunscreen. I've been using it pretty consistently and I love it, which is pretty rare for me to say about a sunscreen. It does have that "sunscreen-y" consistency but it actually smells quite nice; it has a light citrus-y smell that disappears after application. Overall definitely one of the better high-end products I've bought. 

I've been loving the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer (even if it is a shade too light for me). I don't really have blemishes to cover up but I do tend to get dark circles. I've found that the past couple concealers that I've tried are just not moisturizing enough for me but this one is great. Plus the applicator gets just the right amount of product out.

I should have just stuck with the one concealer but so many people had been raving about the Revlon Photo Ready Concealer that I had to pick it up. I made the mistake of going too light with the first one so of course in the Revlon one I went a shade too dark. It's not horrible but I feel like this color would work better for covering up blemishes (which I don't really have -- the only pro about having drier skin). I don't know if I love it better than the Maybelline one to repurchase once I'm done though. It's definitely not as creamy so it takes a bit more work if you're trying to use this as just an undereye concealer.

And here comes the beginning of the lip products...So first off I tried to be good (again, fail) and stop my obsession, but this Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Vintage Pink is so different from any other color that I decided it was okay. I've only tried this line one other time (in an even darker color) and I do really like the formula of it. I find it very hydrating which is a must for my lips but this line has mainly lipstick colors that have shimmer in them, which just doesn't work for me.

I never thought much about Too Faced's lipsticks until I heard Jen from From Head to Toe raving about it recently in her favorites video. I'm always on the lookout for that magical, moisturizing lipstick that won't make my lips drier. So I picked up the Too Faced La Crème Lipstick in Spice Spice Baby (the same one Jen has), and I think for the price it's a great high-end lip product. The packaging, including the box, is gorgeous and the colors are so pigmented. This color is definitely a my-lips-but-better color, which I've heard their lipsticks are great for. I might go pick up another color if I end up wearing this often.  

I rarely find lipglosses that I love but this one is my favorite one out of my entire collection as of now. I tried a NYX lipgloss a couple months ago and remembered not liking it (and returned it). I decided to give it a second chance and picked up the NYX Lipgloss with Mega Shine in Beige. I know it's weird that it's called that when it's clearly pink, but it's that wonderfully nude/pink that I've been looking for. I love it on it's own or paired on top of a lipstick.

And just for a random little favorite of the month, it would be this new game/app that I've downloaded called Fun Run. It's available both on the iOS and Android, and it's ridiculously addicting. I was crazy for Mario Kart when I was a kid so this game is right up my alley.

2 comments:

  1. I will be looking forward to these monthly favorites =D I'm not much of a beauty/makeup person so reading reviews from others about such products will introduce new stuff for me to try.

    You've picked the prettiest lip colors (love the Rimmel color!) but I am most interested in the sunscreen. Applying sunscreen before going out was never my strong suit and the consistency is definitely a factor in that. But in addition to consistency, I've always been put off because sunscreen tends to leave a sticky white film and I hate that feeling. Do you find that the Ole Henriksen leaves that white film? I will check this one out next time I'm at Sephora.

    And I am downloading Fun Run now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunscreen can leave that white film, but not if you take the time the rub it in. I've been trying to be better about wearing it often! Especially now that it's DEFINITELY getting more spring-y. But yes definitely check it out. It's still a bit thick for my taste, but it's quite nice.

      Delete

Follow @ Instagram

....

Back to Top