Work OOTDs: Incorporating classics

I haven't gone to the gym for two weeks straight since I've been working so much. It also doesn't help that healthy eating has also gone out the window during this period too. (I am sitting here writing this while drinking my leftover In-and-Out neapolitan shake from last night's dinner...).

The weather here has been in that weird transitional phase. It's still pretty darn cold in the mornings and evenings, but the afternoon can get quite warm (especially if the sun is shining out and you have to walk quite a bit to grab some lunch).

So I've been breaking out my cropped pants and pencil skirts (though still with stockings). None of these are ground-breaking outfits, but they're appropriate enough for work without being totally boring. I've been trying to incorporate more timeless pieces that I can rotate between outfits and style in different ways.

A few outfit details:
  • Black cropped pants. I scooped these up from Target in their "work wear" section. I have to admit they aren't the best fit. They are a great length, and I like how the waist band area is thick but not constricting. Yet they are a little baggy around the knees and around the calves. That could just be due to my body type though since these pants have a good rating on the website. I've tried higher end cropped pants with a similar problem so I decided to just stick with these.
  • Navy cropped pants. I know in the photos above they're hard to tell the difference, but the navy ones are the ones in the third photo. These are from Old Navy and fit a lot better. The only caveat is that they're not as stretchy so overall not as comfortable, especially since I feel like I'm in between sizes. These are just a tad too tight, but the size above was way too loose. These have over 1,000 reviews on the website and a four star rating. If the fit and comfort was better I would purchase them in all the colors. 
  • White blouse. The first outfit above was actually inspired by Fran (from Franish, a medical student who blogs about fashion and medicine. Current favorite read! If the fact that I went back pages and pages on her blog wasn't evidence enough). I decided to wear something similar the next time I went to work when I realized I actually didn't own a single white blouse. This was actually the only white blouse that I could find in the store so I bought it without even trying it on. Luckily it fit and even luckier I love it!
  • Black leather watch. I won't go into too much detail since I'm planning a post exclusively on this brand, but it isn't just a blogger-hype. I've had this for over half a year and wear it pretty much every day. And it still looks great. I can't recommend it more. (More details to come).

1 comment:

  1. Ugh Jen, your outfits! Soooo pretty and chic! Love it all. And also love your recent posts thus far! I'm so excited for more! <3

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

....

Back to Top