Home cooking



This quarter I've been doing so much more cooking. I used to eat out all the time, but ever since my friend moved in right next door to me we've always been eating together. Now I'm actually motivated to think of yummy things to prepare since I'm not doing all the work alone.

Last week we made very easy-to-make spam musubis. They're so delicious and they're basically spam marinated/cooked in a mixture of soy sauce and sugar, wrapped in nori seaweed packed with rice. Can't get any easier than that. We also prepared a Korean-style soup/stew, which is started off with a soybean base (like miso soup). Then we pretty much threw in a bunch of veggies (green onions, mushrooms, onions, zucchini, peppers), tofu, and small pieces of meat. Let's just say we were pretty proud of ourselves!

My dad also happened to stop by this weekend. He bought me a few things from L.A. that's not available here. I have a big thing for anything bread-y so he also brought me a bag full of pastries. I'm definitely going to be pigging out on those all week.





2 comments:

  1. Totally craving spam now! And Korean food. I really want to learn to make my own kimchi soup. Your musubi looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine: It's actually very easy to make! And it's delicious with some spam thrown in. Let me know if you want any tips!

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

....

Back to Top